Ohio Supreme Court Hears Oral Arguments in Leadscope Case
Posted: September 7, 2011
Today, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in the Leadscope case. Click here to listen to an archived video of the oral arguments.
acs petitioned the ohio supreme court on july 30, 2010 to hear arguments in the acs v. leadscope case. specifically, acs sought review of the june 15, 2010 decision of the ohio court of appeals (tenth district) which affirmed an adverse judgment entered by the franklin county court of common pleas.
On October 27, 2010, the Ohio Supreme Court granted ACS’s request and agreed to hear the ACS appeal.
On February 28, 2011, the ACS filed its Brief urging the Court to reverse the decisions of the trial court and the Court of Appeals.
At the same time, several Ohio organizations submitted briefs in support of ACS’s appeal. Three “friend of the court” briefs were submitted asking the Ohio Supreme Court to grant the relief ACS seeks:
- The Ohio Attorney General (on behalf of the State of Ohio)
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio Chamber of Commerce, Ohio Manufacturers’ Association, and Ohio Council of Retail Merchants
ACS is both pleased and encouraged to have the support of the Ohio Attorney General and the four respected Ohio organizations in this matter.
In April 2011, the Leadscope defendants filed two motions seeking to dismiss the appeal of ACS. The Ohio Supreme Court denied their motions in June 2011.
Previous Leadscope Announcements Issued by ACS
- ohio supreme court to hear arguments in leadscope case on september 7, 2011
– july 21, 2011
- acs and amicus parties file briefs with ohio supreme court
– march 1, 2011
- the american chemical society vs. leadscope, inc. et al
– july 30, 2010
- acs announcement on leadscope decision
– june 16, 2010
ACS Office of Public Affairs