Laboratory Environment, Health, and Safety Taskforce
Support the Joint Board/Council Committee on Chemical Safety in the advancement of safety, health and environmental stewardship in chemical laboratories.
Influence legislation and regulation
- Monitor federal and state law- and rule-making.
- Help legislative representatives and regulators understand laboratories’ concerns during the legislative and regulatory process.
- Establish and maintain contact with legislative representatives, regulators and trade groups to promote ideas for wise legislation and regulation.
Inform laboratory professionals to help them understand and comply with EHS regulations.
- Inform ACS members about pending federal law- and rule-making through written articles, internet postings and presentations.
- Write, or encourage regulators to write, tailored guidance documents to assist laboratory professionals in there understanding of and compliance with EHS regulations.
- Develop and present seminars, training sessions, or posters at relevant national meetings.
Inspire good laboratory EHS management practices
- Monitor laboratory practices with an eye to new activities that promote safety and environmental stewardship.
- Disseminate information about such practices to the laboratory community via publications, symposia, and the Internet.