ACS Committee on Public Relations and Communications
The ACS Committee on Public Relations and Communications is a Joint Board-Council committee charged with advising the ACS Office of Public Affairs and with addressing the presentation of chemistry through the public media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase public understanding and recognition of the contributions of chemistry, chemical scientists and the American Chemical Society
- Collaborate with the divisions, local sections, other Society units and committees, individual members of the Society, and external organizations to enhance the public recognition and prestige of chemistry, chemical scientists and the American Chemical Society
- Improve the professional and community status of chemical scientists
- Encourage and facilitate the training and participation of ACS members in effective communications and public relations efforts
- Inform the ACS Council of the Committee’s activities