About the Ethics Committee
To coordinate the ethics-related activities of the Society, serve as an educational resource and clearinghouse, but not as an adjudication body, for ACS members seeking guidance on ethics issues; raise awareness of ethics issues through meeting programming and columns/editorials; review recognition opportunities for acknowledging ethical behavior; and to develop and oversee such other ethics-related activities as will serve ACS members and promote the Society's standards of ethical conduct within the profession of chemistry and its related disciplines.
Ethics will permeate the culture of chemistry.
The Committee on Ethics promotes and supports high standards of ethical conduct and integrity in the community of chemistry and related disciplines for the benefit of science and society.
- Catalyze ethics education within the scientific communities.
- Identify and aggregate relevant resources and disseminate them to the community of chemistry and related disciplines.
- Promote and increase ethics awareness in the community of chemistry and related disciplines.
- Support the ethics initiatives of ACS Committees, Divisions, Local Sections and other units.
- Communication and Awareness
- Education and Materials
- Programming and screening