Charter - International Activities Committee
Other Joint Board-Council Committees
Bylaw III, 3, e, g
The International Activities Committee is a resource for proactively advocating, catalyzing, initiating, and implementing ACS international activities, conferences, and initiatives pertaining to education and research & development of broad scientific understanding, appreciation of chemistry, and promotion of the image of chemistry. This will happen in collaboration with other national and international organizations.
Specific roles include:
- Study ongoing initiatives and inform ACS entities on effective practices and projects related to international activities;
- Proactively advise and make recommendations to the Board on the science and engineering policies that transcend national boundaries;
- Ensure implementation of Board policies and activities pertaining to global strategies;
- Catalyze, support and maintain liaisons and collaborations between national and international science and engineering organizations, in concert with other efforts within the ACS structure;
- Enable ACS to advocate for scientific freedom and human rights as they relate to practitioners of chemical and related sciences;
- Identify ways in which ACS can raise the profile of, and meaningfully and appropriately be more welcoming to, the global community of chemical scientists and engineers.