Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR)
Who are we?
The Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) is an eight-member Standing Committee of the ACS Board of Directors. See our roster for current members. Ms. Denise Creech is Staff Liaison.
What do we do?
The core mission of P&MR is to advance through Board-level policy recommendations the professional and economic interests and stature of ACS members worldwide.
New in 2014 the updated reporting structure between ACS Green Chemistry Institute and P&MR. For more details see the P&MR Information document for more details.
P&MR had a Strong Finish for 2013
- December 2013 Report to the Board
What are our priorities for 2014?
- Adapting to serve chemistry communities and professionals worldwide (alliances, international chapters, International Center, and scientific freedom/human rights)
- Ensuring competitive and financially sustainable ACS national meetings (including meeting trends, virtual content, technology, etc.)
- Conducting a segment-based analysis of data for priority groups (beginning with industry members, then graduate students) to enhance engagement and value.
- Helping members advance professionally through information and training.
- Facilitating enhanced networking/connections among members (ACS Network and other networking tools)
- Continuous enhancement of member-facing IT
- Improving diversity & inclusion within ACS and in the chemical enterprise (D&I)
Other areas of ongoing focus will include:
- Diversity Partners Program
- Member Marketing/Satisfaction
ABOUT COSPONSORSHIP REQUESTS
Under delegated authority, P&MR is responsible for the review and approval of ACS International Alliances and partnerships whether nominal or cooperative, when the Society is a sponsor. Cooperative alliance requests that exceed the financial commitment level require the additional approval of the Board of Directors. For more details on how to submit a request, review the cosponsorship guidelines here.
If you have any questions or comments about the work of the Committee on Professional & Member Relations, please feel free to contact the Committee's staff liaison, Denise Creech at 202-872-4414 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.