Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR)
Who are we?
The Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) is an eight-member Standing Committee of the ACS Board of Directors. See our roster for current members. Ms. Denise Creech is Staff Liaison.
What do we do?
The core mission of P&MR is to understand and advance the professional and economic interest of ACS members. Two key areas of focus include reviewing and strengthening the benefits of ACS membership, and promoting the effective interchange of information among members and other stakeholders.
The Committee establishes its Strategic Plan and foci in consonance with the ACS Strategic Plan. P&MR uses many sources to learn and respond to member wishes, including the ACS Strategic Plan, surveys, the resources available in the Division of Membership & Scientific Advancement, meetings with Committee Chairs, and review of Board, Council, Committee, and other actions and documents.
What are our goals for 2009?
In 2010, we plan to continue the initiatives we have begun with major emphasis on:
- Professional Advancement—we will continue to ensure that we maintain a robust infrastructure to provide our constituents with the support and careers and leadership development training they need to compete in a global economy.
- Community & Network Building—we will continue to build and expand our communities to engage our scientists across the globe and bring them together to address the challenges facing our world. We will do so by expanding the network, enhancing our national and regional meetings and through our Focused Interest Groups.
- International Strategy—this year, we will continue to enhance our global alliances and partnerships, the global partner network and share in achieving the objectives of the International Year of Chemistry especially in those areas that are aligned with our strategic goals such as Goal 4 that speaks to our efforts in “… communicating to the general public the nature and value of chemistry and related sciences.”
Other areas of ongoing focus will include:
- Diversity Partners Program
- Member Marketing/Satisfaction
- Co-sponsorship Requests
If you have any questions or comments about the work of the Committee on Professional & Member Relations, please feel free to contact the Committee's staff liaison, Denise Creech at 202-872-4414 or via email email@example.com.