The purpose of the Joint Board-Council Committee on Science is to provide an organizational framework to facilitate policy formulation, actions, and planning in several areas of ACS activity directly related to the science of chemistry. It is structured to provide a forum for consideration and coordination of the scientific activities of many diverse units of the SOCIETY and to provide an interface between and among such units.
The committee will facilitate the advance of the science of chemistry and the formulation of science policy by:
- Identifying new frontiers for the science of chemistry and making recommendations for its advancement,
- Facilitating understanding of the emerging disciplinary challenges and opportunities in which chemical sciences are practiced,
- Examining the scientific basis of public policies related to the chemical sciences and making recommendations to appropriate ACS entities.
- The Joint Board – Council Committee on Science provides an organizational framework to facilitate policy formation, action, and planning in several areas of ACS activity directly related to the science of chemistry.
- The Committee is structured to provide a forum for consideration and coordination of the scientific activities of the many divers units of the Society and provide an interface among such units.
- Recently, the Committee on Science reviewed its role in the Society and determined that it can best serve the members as an integrating and coordinating body, bringing together the expertise and knowledge of the Divisions and other ACS groups to illuminate issues of Society-wide concern and interest. Its aim is to augment information transfer by cooperating with divisional programming in a broad sense