Report on the CPT Survey of 2001–2004 Enrollments in Selected Chemistry Courses
The data published in the CPT Survey Report on 2001-2004 Enrollments in Selected Chemistry Courses includes student enrollments in the following:
- The first course in Introductory Chemistry for science majors.
- The first course in Introductory Chemistry for health-allied (non-premed) students.
- The first course in Introductory Chemistry for non-science students.
- The second semester/third quarter Organic Chemistry course.
- The first semester/first quarter Physical chemistry course.
- Number of Chemistry Majors and those with biochemistry focus.
In addition to the published report, the Excel spreadsheet below contains all data* from the enrollment survey.
*Before analysis, the data were edited to correct obvious errors (e.g., more majors with biochemistry concentrations than total chemistry majors) and to remove ones that were inconsistent with other information from a particular institution. A detailed discussion of the data analysis is contained in the report.