Learn about the candidates for open ACS governing positions.
Past Elections Information
- Suggestions for 2017 Society Officers - Deadline May 15, 2015
- COUNCILORS ONLY: Suggestions for 2017 Elected Committees
- Duties and Desired Skill Sets for ACS President
- Duties and Desired Skill Sets for ACS Board of Directors
- Duties of Members on Elected Committees
- ACS Guidelines on Campaigning and Communication
- Frequently Asked Questions on ACS Guidelines on Campaigning and Communication
- ACS Governing Documents (Bulletin 5): See Constitution Articles VII, Sec. 5, d; VIII, Sec. 5; and X, and Bylaw IV, Sec. 6; and Bylaw V
Signature requirements for Petition Candidates
All ACS members who are considering running for an ACS National Office by petition are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of the Secretary (202-872-4461) to inform the Secretary of their intentions to run, and to receive pertinent information BEFORE they begin sending out petition forms to collect signatures for nomination.
It is importand for all petitioners to know that:
- ACS members signing the petition have been paid members of the Society as of on or around August 23rd during the previous year's national election; and
- There are specific numbers of valid signatures required for each position, which is derived from formulas prescribed in the ACS Bylaws for each office.