Donate to ACS Scholars Program
The ACS Scholars Program awards scholarships to talented undergraduates pursuing chemistry-related degrees. Recipients are from groups underrepresented in the field and selected on the basis of academic record, career objective, financial need, leadership ability, participation in school activities, and community service.
Distinguished from other scholarship programs, each ACS Scholar is assigned a volunteer mentor and receives internship and networking opportunities essential to succeeding in the chemical sciences.
ACS Scholars LaShanda Korley and Keith Reed share the influence of the program.
- 95% of ACS Scholars earn baccalaureate degrees with 80% in the chemical sciences.
- More than 52% of Scholars alumni chose to pursue advanced degrees, and half of those reached or are reaching for a PhD.
- More than 200 former Scholars have completed a PhD program. Of those, 36 have joined university faculty and 14 are currently in Post-Doc positions.
- Scholars alumni work at companies such as Procter & Gamble, ExxonMobil, Merck, DuPont, and PPG Industries.
Current ACS Scholars
Zoom and select points on the map to see where ACS Scholars are currently studying. One Scholar is indicated by one point. Multiple ACS Scholars at one location are indicated by the number.
More about ACS Scholars
ACS Scholars Stories
- C&EN Profiles of ACS Scholars (2015)
- C&EN Profiles of ACS Scholars (2010)
- Two 3M Internships Inspire One ACS Scholar
- ACS Scholars Program Made Me a Better Chemist
- Using Chemistry to Find Cures
- High School in the Bronx to Rhodes Scholar at Cambridge
- Influence Will Stay for Rest of Career
Scholarships range from $2,500 for freshmen to $5,000 for seniors. Donors may contribute all or part of a single scholarship; pledge a renewable scholarship; or sponsor several ACS Scholars.
ACS is designated as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your donation is tax deductible. Our Federal Tax ID Number is 53-0196572.
$5,000 provides a scholarship for a junior or senior
$ 625 provides one month of financial support for a junior or senior
$ 150 provides one week of financial support for a junior or senior