Code of Conduct for ACS Career Fair Employers
Employers should adhere to the following policies and procedures while participating in the ACS Career Fair. These policies and procedures are in place to ensure that you, as well as job seekers, have a positive and productive ACS Career Fair experience.
Please adhere to the following:
- Maintain professionalism in all recruiting, interviewing and selection practices.
- Supply accurate information about the organization and employment opportunities.
- Schedule all appointments through the ACS Career Fair database. Any interviews scheduled verbally cannot take place in the ACS Career Fair Interview Area.
- Recruit, interview, and hire individuals without regard to race or color, nationality, origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Be on time for appointments.
- Honor your interview commitments to job seekers.
- Refrain from any practice that improperly influences job seekers.
- Communicate hiring decisions to job seekers within agreed upon time frame.
- Notify candidates promptly, if a job offer must be revoked due to funding or changes.
Preventing “No Shows”
- Schedule morning appointments by 4:00 p.m. the day before the interview. Schedule afternoon appointments by 11:00 a.m. the day of the interview. Adherence to this schedule allows job seekers ample time to retrieve messages.
- Once you schedule the interview it is assumed that the job seeker is responsible for attending the interview. If the job seeker does not decline or contact you to reschedule the interview, the job seeker is expected to show up.