- Illustrated Poem Contest
As part of every National Chemistry Week (NCW) celebration, the American Chemical Society (ACS) sponsors a national illustrated poem contest for students in Kindergarten – Grade 12.
- Youth Activity Patch Guidelines
- ACS Store
Purchase promotional products for National Chemistry Week, such as stress balls, pencils, stickers, and more!
- Celebrating Chemistry | En Español
Savor the NCW 2014 "The Sweet Side of Chemistry—Candy" issue of Celebrating Chemistry.
- Online Supplement to Celebrating Chemistry
- Journal of Chemical Education
A journal for chemical educators featuring activities and articles. This selection of free articles is specific to candy, chocolate, chewing gum, and more.
- Adventures in Chemistry
Science videos, experiments, and games for children of all ages.
- Science Activities for the Classroom
Hands-on activities for elementary school science (grades 3-5)
- Bytesize Science Videos
- The Sweetest Day and the Chemistry of Sweetness
This discussion from ACS Webinars® covered the sweet science behind candy making.
- Meg A. Mole Career Profiles
Read about all of Meg’s adventures! These interviews are an excellent resource for teachers to inform their students about the activities chemists perform everyday.
The premier chemistry magazine for high school students.
- ACS-NSTA Web Seminar
Access the recording and presentation slides from the September 18 web seminar.
- NCW PowerPoint
This presentation may be adapted and used to introduce candy concepts to groups of various ages.
- Electronic Resources List
- National Historic Chemical Landmarks
- Chemical Heritage Foundation
The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) fosters an understanding of chemistry’s impact on society.