ACS Science Coaches–How to Partner with a Teacher
Have a Teacher in Mind?
Request to meet the teacher to discuss volunteering in the classroom. These talking points are helpful hints to suggest ways to provide support and assistance.
How Can a Chemist Find a Teacher?
To locate a teacher, schedule an in-person meeting with a school principal. The principal may suggest a teacher who could be a good fit.
- Introduce yourself and share your motivation for offering to assist
- Describe the ACS Science Coaches program and expectations
- Provide examples of how you could assist
- Ask what topics or concepts are covered in science
- Explain the application processs
- If the application is accepted, ACS donates $500 to the school
- Consider reasons a teacher may choose to participate in the ACS Science Coaches program