Resources for Excellence Workshops
While numerous resources exist for supporting excellence in two-year college chemistry education, finding the right resources and strategies to address your particular needs can be challenging. The Resources for Excellence workshops are designed to help faculty meet this challenge.
Developed by the Society Committee on Education and the ACS Two-Year College Chemistry Consortium (2YC3), Resources for Excellence is a series of interactive workshops that help two-year college chemistry educators find the solutions that work for them.
Participants in Resources for Excellence workshops
- Develop customized strategies and action plans to address specific challenges at individual two-year colleges
- Create a network of supportive two-year college colleagues
- Identify and implement resources to foster excellence in two-year college chemistry education
The Resources for Excellence workshops are facilitated by specially trained two-year college chemistry faculty and are held at conferences across the country. They cost nothing but the registration fee for the meeting.
- Developing assessment for student skills: A Resources for Excellence Workshop
207th Two-Year College Chemistry Conference,
Florida State College, Jacksonville, FL
October 10-11, 2014
Interesting in becoming a Resources for Excellence facilitator? ACS is on the lookout for two-year college chemistry faculty to join the cadre of workshop facilitators. Training and workshop materials will be provided. Please contact the ACS Office of Two-Year Colleges (1-800-227-5558, ext. 8281) for more information.
- 2014 Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Allendale, MI, August 3-7, 2014
- 205th Two-Year College Chemistry ConConference, Menasha, WI, May 16-17, 2014
- 204th Two-Year College Chemistry Consortium (2YC3) Conference, Dallas, TX, March 14, 2014
- 203rd 2YC3 Conference, Scottsdale, AZ, November, 2013
- 65th ACS Southeast Regional Meeting (SERMACS), Atlanta, GA, November 12-17, 2013
- 202nd 2YC3 Conference, University Center, MI, September 27-28, 2013
- 40th ACS Great Lakes Regional Meeting (GLRM), LaCrosse, WI, June 5-8, 2013
- 200th Two-Year College Chemistry Consortium (2YC3) Conference, New Orleans, LA, April 5-6, 2013
- 199th 2YC3 Conference, Yuma, AZ, November 9-10, 2012
- 198th 2YC3 Conference, Palatine, IL, September 21-22, 2012
- 197th 2YC3/22ndBCCE, State College, PA, July 30, 2012
- 195th 2YC3 Conference, Oceanside, CA, March 30, 2012
- 65th Annual Texas Community College Teachers Association Convention, Frisco, TX, March 1-3, 2012
- 67th Southwest Regional Meeting, Austin, TX, November 9 – 12, 2011
- 194th 2YC3 Conference, Montgomery College, Rockville, MD,
November 11, 2011
- 193rd 2YC3 Conference, Brevard Community College, Palm Bay, FL, September 17, 2011
- 192nd 2YC3 Conference, May 20-21, 2011
- 191st 2YC3 Conference, March 25, 2011
- 190th 2YC3 Conference, November 10, 2010
For more information, or to suggest ideas for future workshops, please contact the ACS Office of Two-Year Colleges (1-800-227-5558, ext. 8281).