SCI Scholars — Industrial Internships for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Undergraduates
The Society of Chemical Industry (SCI), America International Group (AIG), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and the American Chemical Society created the SCI Scholars Summer Internship Program to introduce chemistry and chemical engineering students to careers in the chemical industry.
Exceptional sophomores and juniors majoring in chemistry and chemical engineering can apply for a prestigious SCI Scholars summer internship. Students are selected based on the strength of their application, statement of interest in an industrial internship, and letters of recommendation. Over thirty scholars will be chosen for internship positions in the summer of 2015.
- $6,000–$10,000+ for a 10-12 week internship
- A certificate and an additional $1,000, which can be used for any purpose, such as participation at an ACS or AIChE meeting
- Scholars nominate a high school chemistry teacher for recognition. Teachers will be awarded a certificate from SCI and $1,000, which can be used for professional development or classroom materials
Who Can Qualify?
- Current sophomores or juniors (check each listing for company preference)
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Chemistry or chemical engineering majors
- Minimum GPA: 3.5
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for 2015 summer internships.
Submit the following documents to apply for an SCI internship
(see internship listing):
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Recommendation Form
Submit by December 30, 2014!
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036