SCI Scholars Internship: Air Liquide
Sponsoring Company: Air Liquide
Location: Newark, DE
Preferred Course of Study: Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit: Research & Development
Internship Period: 10 weeks
Additional Support: Housing and reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided
Application Deadline: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 3:00 a.m. EST
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Air Liquide Group R&D is seeking an intern for the summer of 2013 to work at its state-of-the-art Delaware Research & Technology Center (DRTC) located in Newark, DE. The intern will be introduced to many of the Center’s fields of research, including bio-resources, electronics, analysis, membranes, hydrogen energy, oxycombustion, process control and logistics, and modeling.
The intern will work closely with researchers on R&D projects to build their technical know-how, safety awareness, problem-solving ability, and time-management skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary, multicultural environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collect, monitor, test and analyze data
- Familiarity with standard laboratory equipment used by AL
- Good organizational, record-keeping skills; detail-oriented skills
- Ability to set up and run minor experiments
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to frequently changing conditions/priorities
- Ability to connect R&D efforts to business needs/market demands
How to Apply
Apply by December 15, 2012, 3:00 a.m. EST!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.
About Air Liquide
Air Liquide, US, the world leader in gases for industry, health, and the environment with locations in over 75 countries with 42,300 employees. Oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and rare gases have been at the core of Air Liquide’s activities since its creation in 1902.