The Dow Chemical Co. (Midland, MI) │ SCI Scholars Internship
The Dow Chemical Company
Location: Midland, MI
Preferred Course of Study: Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit: Manufacturing and Engineering – Dow AgroSciences
Stipend/salary (10 weeks): $9,300
- $2,000 travel stipend and subsidized housing available
*Must be able to provide your own transportation*
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Dow (NYSE: Dow) combines the power of science and technology with the "Human Element" to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company connects chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, renewable energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's diversified industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 160 countries and in high growth sectors such as electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture.
Dow AgroSciences (DAS), a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, is committed to increasing crop productivity through higher yields, better varieties, and more targeted pest management control. DAS products and services are designed to solve pressing crop production problems for our customers, boosting agriculture productivity to maximum sustainable levels to keep pace with the growing needs of our world's rapidly expanding population.
The student will be expected to provide general support for the production engineers in a Midland Dow AgroSciences manufacturing plant. Examples of tasks might include, but are not limited to:
- Create operating discipline and provide training to operations personnel.
- Collect and analyze process data to document process capabilities & asset utilization.
- Identify process limitations and propose/implement strategies to reduce or eliminate such limitations.
- Execute small expense projects to improve the operating efficiency of the plant.
- Document expected responses to process control alarms.
- Generate process knowledge to maintain or improve product quality, energy efficiency, & production rates.
- Participate in plant Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) programs.
- Maintain & improve the EH&S performance of the plant.
How to Apply
Apply by December 14, 2013!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.