ExxonMobil Chemical Company │ SCI Scholars Internship
Two openings available
ExxonMobil Chemical Company
Baytown, TX, or Baton Rouge, LA
(determined by business needs)
Preferred Course of Study: Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit: Manufacturing
Additional Support: Relocation and housing assistance provided
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
About ExxonMobil Chemical Company
ExxonMobil Chemical Company is one of the world’s premier petrochemical companies with global manufacturing, technology, and marketing operations. The company delivers a broad portfolio of products and solutions efficiently and responsibly, with a commitment to create outstanding customer and shareholder value. ExxonMobil Chemical endorses the principle of sustainable development, including the need to balance economic growth, social development and environmental considerations. To learn more, visit www.exxonmobilchemical.com.
Acquire a good working knowledge of Assigned Unit(s), including:
- Understand safety expectations, including regular safety observations, ensuring procedure accuracy and adequacy, auditing jobs.
- Responsible for environmental permitting technical support and permit compliance monitoring.
- Quantify environmental losses. Chemistry (heat and material balance, kinetics, etc.). Unit operations. Process Hardware Control scheme. On-stream analyzers. Operating procedures. Safety considerations.
- Maintain awareness of technical changes through Technology, other Chemical Plants/Refineries, and literature.
- Acquire knowledge of how Assigned Unit(s) fits into the overall Chemical Plant/Refinery. Understand
Unit(s) feed, prediction tools, lab analysis and economics
Unit(s) effect on overall Chemical Plant/Refinery economics.
Incentive for increasing feed rates, service factor, yield and improving quality.
Effect of unit on final product quality.
- Monitor daily operations and provide the necessary technical support for Unit(s).
- Participate in incident investigations including qualifying environmental emissions, root cause identification, and development of action items.
How to Apply
Apply by December 14, 2013!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.