WR Grace & Company │ SCI Scholars Internship
Sponsoring Company: WR Grace & Company
Location: Columbia, MD
Preferred course of study: Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit for Internship: Research & Development
Internship Period: 10-12 weeks
- Current sophomore or junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
The intern will perform the following duties:
- Design and conduct independent, accurate and defendable scientific research and design activities to evaluate and improve performance/cost of existing products and develop new products per PDP.
- Perform non-routine chemical analysis on raw materials and products in the market. Interprets results and develops new test methods.
- Write clear reports and give presentations and research and development results.
- Assist in maintaining lab instruments and field equipment.
How to Apply
To apply for this internship, please submit the following documents:
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
Apply by December 19, 2014, midnight EST
|Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
||Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|
About WR Grace
W.R. Grace & Company is a global leader in developing and marketing specialty chemicals including catalysts and other products and services to petroleum refiners; catalysts for the manufacture of plastics; silica-based engineered and specialty materials for a wide-range of industrial applications; specialty chemicals, additives and materials for commercial and residential construction; and, sealants and coatings for food packaging. With annual sales of more than $3 billion, Grace has over 6,500 employees and operations in nearly 40 countries. Grace celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2004. Visit www.grace.com for more information.