Honeywell-PMT │ SCI Scholars Internship
Two openings available
Sponsoring Company: Honeywell/PMT
Baton Rouge, LA
Preferred Course of Study: Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit: Specialty Materials
Internship Period: 10 weeks
Additional Support: Relocation assistance and housing are provided if the candidate lives more than 50 miles from location
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Honeywell, PMT Integrated Supply Chain Development Program (ISCDP) was launched in 2007. ISCDP is a multiple year developmental program created to provide the Integrated Supply Chain Function with a talented select pool of employees who have the potential to develop into the future leaders of Honeywell. ISCDP was developed as a rigorous program that combines rotational developmental experiences with leadership and technical training.
ISCDP Members work diligently to achieve successful status as high performers, demonstrating an aptitude and attitude that can make a significant contribution to Honeywell. ISCDP was designed to provide exposure to innovative leaders, diverse perspectives and to enable members to become valued employee resources to the ISC community of Specialty Materials. The goal is for ISCDP Members to graduate with a unique blend of knowledge and leadership skills, which will ensure that they will meet the challenges of providing business excellence to Honeywell ISC.
This is a summer 2015 internship opportunity for current college students that have completed their junior level course work. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
Below are typical projects that we have had in recent past. Note the exact nature of the projects will be defined between the business and the intern closer to start.
- Fabricate and install a spent grease collection system (similar to #4 furnace) for the feed ends of #1, 2 and 3 furnaces
- Design a “floating” furnace seal that will self-align to a constantly moving and thermally cycling rotary kiln.
- Coordinate installation and testing of the prototype residue sampling screen on a furnace. Make design improvements if required, and if successful, extend the installation to the remaining three furnaces.
- Coordinate CFD analysis of airflow and heat transfer around a rotating furnace (kiln) and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Review frequency of dryer core and oil filter PM’s for the Hi/Lo Compressors.
- Redesign of #1 and #2 Recycle Fan Damper Linkage
- Design of Low Profile Hoisting system for removal of stripper reboiler
- Streamlining and optimization of lubrication program
- Implementation of IntelaTrac for use in lubrication program.
- Analysis and optimization of preventative maintenance plans
How to Apply
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com.