Honeywell-PMT │ SCI Scholars Internship
Two openings available
Sponsoring Company: Honeywell/PMT
Preferred Course of Study: Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit: Specialty Materials
Internship Period: 10 weeks
Salary: $6,800 - $10,000
(salary based on academic level)
- Housing and travel assistance reimbursed
- Current sophomore or junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com.
Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is a global leader in developing and manufacturing advanced materials and process technologies. These materials and technologies are used by people every day in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests. Our advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from nylon to computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging. Process technologies developed by our UOP business form the foundation for most of the world’s refiners, efficiently producing gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and petrochemicals. UOP is now pioneering technology to produce real fuels from renewable energy sources.
ISC Interns work diligently to achieve successful status as high performers, demonstrating an aptitude and attitude that can make a significant contribution to Honeywell. The ISC internship was designed to provide exposure to innovative leaders, diverse perspectives and to enable members to become valued employee resources to the ISC community of Performance Materials and Technologies. The goal is for ISC Interns work for the summer and upon successful completion, be given an offer to return to work full-time upon graduation with Performance Materials and Technologies in our ISCDP (development program). ISCDP trains new hires through valuable hands-on job experiences with the desire to graduate program participants with a unique blend of knowledge and leadership skills, which will ensure that they will meet the challenges of providing business excellence to Honeywell ISC.
This is a summer 2014 internship opportunity for current college students that have completed their junior level course work. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
Below are typical projects that we have had in recent past. Note the exact nature of the projects will be defined between the business and the intern closer to start.
- Fabricate and install a spent grease collection system (similar to #4 furnace) for the feed ends of #1, 2 and 3 furnaces
- Design a “floating” furnace seal that will self-align to a constantly moving and thermally cycling rotary kiln.
- Coordinate installation and testing of the prototype residue sampling screen on a furnace. Make design improvements if required, and if successful, extend the installation to the remaining three furnaces.
- Coordinate CFD analysis of airflow and heat transfer around a rotating furnace (kiln) and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Review frequency of dryer core and oil filter PM’s for the Hi/Lo Compressors.
- Redesign of #1 and #2 Recycle Fan Damper Linkage
- Design of Low Profile Hoisting system for removal of stripper reboiler
- Streamlining and optimization of lubrication program
- Implementation of IntelaTrac for use in lubrication program.
- Analysis and optimization of preventative maintenance plans
How to Apply
Apply by December 14, 2013!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.