Momentive │ SCI Scholars Internship
Sponsoring Company: Momentive
Location: Stafford, TX
Preferred Course of Study: Chemistry
Organizational Unit: Specialty Chemicals, Research and Development Center
Internship Period: 10 weeks
- $125/week housing stipend for non-local students
- travel expenses for relocation reimbursed
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Momentive Specialty Chemicals is a global leader in manufacturing and providing thermoset resins which include epoxy specialty resins. These materials provide outstanding material properties, such as mechanical strength, heat resistance, adhesion, and chemical resistance, which make them especially useful in structural composite applications (e.g. wind turbine blades, electronics, aircraft, auto, construction materials) and protective coatings (e.g. industrial, marine, civil engineering coatings).
The intern will work in a research lab involved in epoxy or other thermoset product development and be involved in progressing basic and applied understandings within the assigned developmental area. The intern will work with coaching and guidance from R&D experts to plan their work and experience.
Potential project activities include the development of fundamental understandings of new resin technologies, which will require:
- Background and competitive literature search and assessment
- Hands-on design and execution of lab experiments, including material property analysis and characterizations
- Applying polymer chemistry and physics to understanding fundamentals of structure/properties and final use applications
- Documenting results and conclusions
How to Apply
Apply by December 14, 2013!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.