Chemtura Corp (Fords, NJ) │ SCI Scholars Internship
Sponsoring Company: Chemtura Corporation
Location: Fords, NJ
Preferred course of study: Chemical Engineering
Organizational Unit: R&D/Technology – Process Development
Internship Period: 10 weeks
$2,000 advance for travel and living expenses
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Chemtura Corporation (NYSE:CEM), headquartered in Middlebury, CT, has annual revenues of $3.2 billion and is one of the largest publicly traded specialty chemicals company in the United States and a leader in several markets. We have more than 4,600 employees in research, manufacturing, sales and administrative facilities in every mayor world markets.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual to join our technology team as an intern. Reporting to the Technology Manager, the intern is responsible for the evaluation of raw materials and process development for new and commercial synthetic lubricant basestocks.
- Operating, monitoring, and sampling of equipment to make synthetic lubricant base stocks process
- Conduct routine and non-routine laboratory bench tests on synthetic lubricant basestocks. Conduct routine and non-routine laboratory prep work, including stripping, catalyst removal, filtering, rotary evaporation and drying
- Accurately collect, organize and present data in notebooks, on computers, and in reports
- Conduct analysis on analytical equipment such as IR, GC, and HPLC
- Participate in the improvement of bench scale processes
- Maintain laboratory and test equipment to provide for clean, safe, and efficient working environment according to Chemtura practices
How to Apply
Apply by December 14, 2013!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.