Chemtura Corp (Naugatuck, CT) │ SCI Scholars Internship
Sponsoring Company: Chemtura Corporation
Location: Naugatuck, CT
Preferred course of study: Chemistry
Organizational Unit: R&D Plant, Petroleum Additives
Internship Period: 10 weeks
$2,000 advance for travel and living expenses
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
Chemtura Corporation (NYSE:CEM), headquartered in Middlebury, CT, has annual revenues of $3.2 billion and is one of the largest publicly traded specialty chemicals company in the United States and a leader in several markets. We have more than 4,600 employees in research, manufacturing, sales and administrative facilities in every mayor world markets.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, talented individual to join our technology team as an intern. Reporting to the Senior Scientist, the intern is responsible for the evaluation of new and commercial lubricant additives.
- Conduct routine and non-routine laboratory bench tests on lubricant additives, including include PDSC, Bulk Oxidation Testing, TEOST, Four-Ball Wear, and Cameron-Plint TE77 High Frequency Friction
- Accurately collect, organize, and present data in notebooks, on computers, and in reports
- Participate in improving the bench test methodology
- Conduct analysis on analytical equipment such as IR, NMR, GC, HPLC, and titrations
- Maintain laboratory and test equipment to provide a clean, safe, and efficient working environment in accordance with Chemtura practices
- Blend lubricants for in-house/contract testing and coordinate the shipment of additives and lubricants
How to Apply
Application by December 14, 2013!
- Application Form
Complete the application form (requires CV/resume). Be sure to indicate your top 3 internship company choices.
- Official Transcript
Send transcript to:
American Chemical Society
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Recommendation Form
Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.