2014 ACS Student Leadership Award
Deadline: November 1 Application form
About the Award
Gain management and leadership skills by applying for a 2014 ACS Student Leadership award! The award covers travel, accommodation, and registration expenses for the 2014 ACS Leadership Institute, to be held January 24-26, 2014, in Dallas, TX, at the Intercontinental Hotel.
Apply using our webform today!
Participation is limited to 15 undergraduates ACS student members.
Students selected for the award will have the unique privilege of learning new leadership skills and the opportunity to network with local section and division leaders, national committee chairs, and younger chemists.
To be considered for an award, you must:
- have completed one or more years towards an undergraduate degree in the chemical sciences*
- be a paid ACS student member residing in the United States or Puerto Rico
- currently hold or have held an office in an active ACS student chapter**
How to apply?
To apply, please provide the following no later than November 1, 2013:
- Cover Letter (no more than two pages) describing:
(1) your past and present leadership roles
(2) skills you have obtained in those roles
(3) leadership skills you would like to develop
(4) how you plan to use these skills to strengthen your ACS student chapter
- Application form
- Résumé (please specify your leadership experiences)
- Letter of reference from a faculty member or employer familiar with your leadership activities and potential
Submit your application and required documents on the web form
* Preference will be given to sophomores and juniors
**Chapters are considered active if they have six paid ACS student members and have submitted an annual chapter report to the Undergraduate Programs Office in the previous three years.