Guiding ACS Student Chapters to success
Student chapter faculty advisors play an important role in guiding, supporting and motivating students.
An enthusiastic and supportive faculty advisor can give a great boost to a chapter, foster chapter spirit and encourage participation. Learn how you can make your chapter enjoyable and successful.
Support for Advisors
- How to Guide a Successful Chapter
- Advisor Responsibilities
- ACS Student Chapters Online (chapter reporting)
- Developing Student Leaders
- Collaborating with Your ACS Local Section
- Student Chapter Grants
- Activity Ideas
Connect with Related Organizations
- Alpha Chi Sigma
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Gamma Sigma Epsilon National Chemistry Honor Society
- Nat. Org. for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
Opportunities for Faculty
- Take advantage of the Journal of Chemical Educations Classroom Activities Virtual Issue!
- Foster discussion on the Science Behind Global Climate Change with the ACS Climate Science Toolkit
- Read the report of the ACS Presidential Commission on Graduate Education in the Chemical Sciences
- Student Chapters at Two-Year Colleges: Join the conversation on the ACS Network
- Use ACS Webinars to Enhance Your Classes