Postdoc to Faculty Workshop
A workshop for prospective chemistry faculty
If you are a postdoctoral fellow interested in a faculty position in the chemical sciences at a college or university, this workshop can help you prepare for a rewarding career. Housing and meals will be provided to the selected applicants.
When and Where
August 8 & 9 in San Francisco, CA (prior to the fall 2014 ACS National Meeting).
- compares and contrasts positions and expectations in undergraduate and graduate chemistry departments
- provides assistance with and feedback on teaching philosophies and research statements
- presents strategies for balancing scholarship, teaching, and service expectations with life outside academia
- creates a network of early-career faculty along with mentors, who can guide newly-minted faculty members
- introduces interactive teaching models and provides resources to facilitate their incorporation
How to Apply
Applications for the 2014 workshop will open in spring 2014.
Please review the entire application form and gather all of the necessary information prior to attempting to start the application.
If you have any questions, write to Postdoc@acs.org.