Common products for skin and hair are made possible through chemistry. Learn about perfume, makeup, shampoo, hair gel, and more!
- Image Lab Beauty Product Activities
- Perfume Activities
- Lipstick Chromatography
- Inside the Beauty Lab (Chemical & Engineering News)
- Experimenting with Makeup: What Puts the ‘Ick’ in Lipstick?
- How to Become a Cosmetic Chemist
- Henna: What’s That Stuff?
- DragonFlyTV Makeup Episode
- The Chemistry of Hair Care lesson plan
- Better Hair Through Chemistry (Exploratorium article and activities)
- Shampoo: What’s That Stuff?
- Hair Coloring: What’s That Stuff?
- Hair Straighteners: What’s That Stuff?
- Good Hair Days: A Case of Good Chemistry
- Podcast: What Is the Chemistry Behind a Permanent Wave Hairstyle?
- Shampoo Claims—Truths or Lies? (activity and teacher notes)
- Experiments with Hydrogels—Hair Gel