Keeping the Body Beautiful Through Chemistry
Common products for skin and hair are made possible through chemistry. Learn about perfume, makeup, shampoo, hair gel, and more!
- Gallery and Descriptions of Science-Related Tattoos
- Tattoo Ink: What’s That Stuff?
- Tattoo Ink Chemistry
- Think Before You Ink—Are Tattoos Safe?
- Webinar: Tattoos and Permanent Makeup—Marketplace and Chemistry
- Tattoos & Permanent Makeup (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
- Chemicals in Tattoo Inks Need Closer Scrutiny
- The Chemistry of Hair Care lesson plan
- Better Hair Through Chemistry (Exploratorium article and activities)
- Shampoo: What’s That Stuff?
- Hair Coloring: What’s That Stuff?
- Hair Straighteners: What’s That Stuff?
- Good Hair Days: A Case of Good Chemistry
- Podcast: What Is the Chemistry Behind a Permanent Wave Hairstyle?
- Shampoo Claims—Truths or Lies? (activity and teacher notes)
- Experiments with Hydrogels—Hair Gel