Learn more about the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, the chemistry of oil spills, and try related activities.
- "Aftermath of Disaster" article by Cheryl Hogue, Chem. Eng. News, September 20, 2010, 88(38), pp22–23.
- Chemical & Engineering News Special Issue—Disaster in the Gulf (American Chemical Society)
- Article and Slide Show: Gulf Oil Spill Could Eclipse Exxon Valdez Disaster (National Public Radio)
- Chemical & Engineering News—Scientists Use Social Networking To Study Spill (American Chemical Society)
- 5 Wild Technologies Being Used Now to Clean Up the BP Oil Spill (Popular Mechanics)
- Google Earth: How Big Is the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill?
- Former Student Assists in Oil Spill Response (Purdue University)
- US Oil Spill Testing Ground for Dispersants (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Nanotubes to Soak Up Oil Spills (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Dispersants: A Guided Tour (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- How Oil Breaks Down in Water (Popular Mechanics)