ACS ChemClubs Ready, Set, Go!
What’s in store for 2013–2014?
Free Resource Packets
ACS ChemClub advisors receive themed resource packets each quarter of the school year. Each packet includes:
- Demonstrations, lab-based activities, and activities for outside the lab
- A table categorizing these demos and activities according to common high school chemistry curriculum topics
- Sample Club meeting guides
- The most recent issue of ChemMatters magazine
2013–2014 Resource Packet Themes
- Chemistry & Art (October 2013)
- Chemistry of the Senses (December 2013)
- Chemists Celebrate Earth Day: Water (February 2014)
- National Chemistry Week 2014: “The Sweet Side of Chemistry—Candy” (April 2014)
Feature Monthly Activities
- August: Messy Chemistry
- September: Lightsticks and Luminescence
- October: National Chemistry Week – "Energy: Now and Forever!"
- November: Food Chemistry
- December: Holiday Chemistry
- January: ChemClubs Make a Difference
- February: Valentine’s Day
- March: Forensics
- April: Chemists Celebrate Earth Day – Water
- May: Toys
- June: Summer Chemistry
- July: Fireworks
Community Activities Grants
ChemClubs can receive up to $300 to support projects and events that bring chemistry to the community. A grant award up to $500 is also available for activities done in collaboration with ACS Student Chapters or ACS Local Sections. For more information and to view previous grant awardees, visit the Community Activities Grants page.
Application period: April 1 – June 1