Press Kit │ 2012 Chemistry Olympiad
U.S. wins one gold, three silver medals at the International Chemistry Olympiad!
Christopher Hillenbrand won a gold medal and ranked 16th in the Gold category. Sidharth Chand, James Deng, and Jason Ge earned the silver. Olympiad Medal Winners — See the results!
U.S. Team Competes in the 44th International Chemistry Olympiad
July 21-30, 2012
Host Country: USA
About U.S. Participants
2012 U.S. Alpha Epsilon Team (Top 4)
These students will represent the United States in the 44th International Chemistry Olympiad competition.
From left to right: Jason Ge (Westview High School, CA, San Diego Local Section), Sidharth Chand (Detroit Country Day School, MI, Detroit Local Section), Christopher Hillenbrand (Regis High School, NY, New York Local Section) James Deng (Choate Rosemary Hall, CT, New Haven Local Section). Not Pictured: Timothy M. Lee (1st alternate, Arcadia High School, CA, Southern California Local Section), Andrew Guo (2nd alternate, Scarsdale High School, NY, New York Local Section)
- World’s top high school chemistry students arrive in DC for International Chemistry Olympiad 7/16/2012
- Talented students make US team for International Chemistry Olympiad 6/26/12
- National high school chemistry finalists attend camp at Academy 6/18/2012
- Top 20 U.S. high school chemistry students compete for spot on US International Chemistry Olympiad team 5/29/12
- Local high school chemistry students participate in different kind of March Madness 5/29/12
- U.S. to host 2012 International Chemistry Olympiad 9/20/11