Forecasting Chemistry: Predicting Tomorrow’s Cutting Edge Science, Today
Thursday, August 21, 2014 @ 2-3pm ET
What will the world of chemistry look like in 15 years? SciCast may have the answer, which they base on the idea that the collective wisdom of an informed and diverse group is often more accurate at forecasting the outcome of events than that of one individual expert. Join Dr. Charles Twardy, professor at George Mason University and the Project Principal at SciCast, as he discusses how this crowd sourced forecasting platform is being currently used and its exciting implications on the future.
What You Will Learn
- Presentation of empirical & theoretical reasons to crowdsource forecasts.
- Discussion of the methods of prediction markets and forecasting.
- How to use SciCast, and how well it has done so far.
- Date: Thursday, August 21, 2014 @ 2-3pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Click Here to download Charles' slides
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.