How to Write Abstracts that Capture Your Audience
Thursday, August 7, 2014 @ 2-3pm ET
The purpose of an abstract is to convince a fellow scientist to actually read your paper or come to your talk. In today’s competitive, information-overloaded scientific environment, being able to write effective abstracts is increasingly critical to your success. In this webinar, our speaker, Celia Elliott, will present a simple, fool-proof, four-step “recipe” for turning out great abstracts with a minimum of fuss.
What You Will Learn
- An effective abstract tells the audience exactly what to expect by presenting the highlights of the entire paper or talk.
- An effective abstract is clear, concise, and compelling—no fluff and no vague generalities.
- The abstract “recipe” is scalable; it works equally well for one-paragraph abstracts and two-page executive summaries.
- And much more…
- Date: Thursday, August 7, 2014 @ 2-3pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Click Here to download Celia's slides
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.