Charles H. Stone Award
Purpose: This award is given bi-annually by the Section to the most outstanding chemist in the southeastern United States, recognizing contributions to the field of chemistry through activities in the scientific community, public outreach, education, and research.
Criteria for award selection is based on and recognizes contributions to the field of chemistry through the candidate’s
- Activities within the Scientific Community
- Public Outreach and Service
- Education and Teaching Excellence
- Research Productivity
Nominations: Nominations for the Charles H. Stone award must include:
- Nomination letter
- At least one supporting letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Summary of the applicants most noted contributions in the four areas listed above
The award carries a stipend of $ 2,000 and a recognition plaque. The award winner will be recognized at the Spring meeting (expenses paid) of the Carolina Piedmont Section. This meeting will be held in the Charlotte metropolitan area.