Recognizing Underrepresented Minorities in Chemistry for Excellence in R&D
Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Board
The purpose of the award is to recognize and promote the participation of under-represented minorities in chemistry by identifying and recognizing a distinguished minority chemist who has made significant contributions to chemical research.
The award recipient will receive a cash award of $2,000 plus support for travel to an ACS meeting where he/she will receive the award and give a presentation. In addition, the honoree would be invited to at least two academic institutions where the impact of the visit on minority students would be significant. The purpose of these visits would be to deliver technical lectures or lectures about his/her specialty, to visit classrooms when appropriate, to assist the college/university in pre-college outreach efforts where appropriate, and to talk informally with both faculty and students about research and careers in chemistry. Financial support will also be provided for travel to the academic institutions.
- A brief description explaining why the nominee should be considered for the award, specifically identifying the contribution to chemical research and its significance to the chemical enterprise.
- A list of publications or other documentation demonstrating the impact of the research.
- A biographical sketch of the nominee.
- 3 letters of support from scientific colleagues familiar with the nominee’s work.
Apply using our online Application
Or send your application packet to ACS Diversity Programs:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 202-776-8003
- Mail: American Chemical Society
Department of Diversity Programs
1155 Sixteenth St. NW
Washington DC 20036