National Meeting Travel Grant
Deadline is December 4, 2015!
All applications and supporting materials for the spring 251st ACS National Meeting are due by December 4, 2015. Applicants will be notified of acceptance, wait-list status, or rejection by December 31, 2015.
Applications for the 251st National Meeting Travel Grant must be completed by December 4, 2015. To request an extension of this deadline, contact the ACS Undergraduate Programs Office by email at email@example.com. Extensions will be granted on a case by case basis.
About the Grant
Active ACS student chapters are eligible to receive an ACS National Meeting Travel Grant of $300. The grant may be used to cover registration fees, lodging, and/or transportation costs associated with ACS National Meetings.
Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are sorted in order of receipt date, chapter activation date, and the number of ACS student members. If more applications are received than the allotted number of awards, your chapter will be placed on a waiting list.
To be eligible for a national meeting travel grant, ACS student chapters must:
1. Have an active status. To be active, ACS student chapters must have:
- Submitted at least one chapter report within the last three years
- Have at least six members who have up-to-date ACS memberships
2. Have at least one ACS student member (must have an ACS membership number) presenting a research or chapter poster in one of the Division of Chemical Education’s (CHED) undergraduate poster sessions
How to Apply
The deadline to apply is December 4, 2015!
To apply for a grant, you will need to:
- Complete an application form
- Provide a list of six paid ACS student members and membership numbers
- Identify your undergraduate poster session abstract with the MAPS identification number highlighted. Posters must be registered in a Division of Chemical Education (CHED) undergraduate poster session. This number is also available in your confirmation email. If you did not receive your email, please check with your chapter's faculty advisor.
If you notify ACS of a cancellation after the check has been mailed, or if your chapter does not show up at the meeting, the money must be returned to ACS within 45 business days of the meeting date. If your chapter fails to return the unused grant money, the chapter will not be considered for a Student Chapter Award.