ChemClub Community Activities Grants
Applications are accepted annually from April 1 – June 1
Community Activity Grants support chartered ACS ChemClubs in community interactions by service projects or improving science learning experiences. ChemClub Grants began in 2009 with a generous donation from then ACS President, Tom Lane.
Chartered ChemClubs are eligible to receive up to $300. A special award up to $500 is given to community activities done in collaboration with ACS Local Sections.
To be eligible for a ChemClub Community Activity Grant, your club must meet the following requirements:
- Your club must be a chartered ACS ChemClub for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Current ChemClubs must submit an annual report.
- If you received a grant during the previous academic year, your grant final report must be on file.
- If collaborating on a project with an ACS student chapter, the chapter must have an “active” status, or an ACS Local Section, there must be a defined role for both the ACS ChemClub and the collaborating group. You can request assistance to facilitate communication with another ACS group.
The grant activity must involve the community and be chemistry-related. Examples include:
- science demonstrations at a local elementary or middle school
- recycling program for your community
- tutoring programs for chemistry students
ChemClub members must be heavily involved in the planning and execution of the project.
Your grant application will be judged using the following criteria:
- Budget items support the proposed activities and does not exceed $300 (or $500 if partnered with a Student Chapter or Local Section).
- Application uses language that is clear, concise and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Responses align with the questions posed.
- Safety concerns are addressed and will be shared with the intended audience.
- Proposed plan is possible within the school year and budget.
Once the project is complete, your club must submit the following:
- Receipts showing use of funds
- A short explanation of the activity
- Pictures of the activity with signed photo release forms for everyone featured