Forms and Instructions for Proposal Submission
Undergraduate Research Grants
We are currently accepting Undergraduate Research (UR) research proposals for consideration at the October 2015 ACS PRF Advisory Board Meeting. Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET Friday, March 13, 2015.
To Submit a Proposal:
To submit a research proposal for a Undergraduate Research grant, complete the following steps.
Download the transfer agreement (required) and the UR Application Packet (only current application forms will be accepted).
Fill in the application forms.
Obtain all signatures required on the cover page and the budget page of the application. Failure to provide the required signatures will result in your application being withdrawn as incomplete.
Create a single PDF file of all forms and documents in the following order:
- Proposal abstract
- Proposal narrative
- Supporting documentation such as letters of collaboration, etc. (if applicable).
The uploaded file MUST be a PDF. No other file format is accepted.
Name the PDF file using the following naming convention:
- For last name, use only the first 6 letters of your last name.
- For MMYY, use the current month and year.
- For institution name, use an abbreviation such as PSU.
In addition to the single PDF file created above, the following are among the required fields for submission, and may require some time to prepare:
- Requested committee for proposal evaluation. Please refer to the list of scientific disciplines.
- The full names and complete addresses (including email) of at least six (6) experts in the field who are not current or former colleagues, collaborators, mentors, or students of the principal investigator.
- A description of how the proposal is "fundamental research in the petroleum field" in 100 words or less. ACS PRF can only support research that is “fundamental” as opposed to applied or developmental research. For more information refer to the Transfer Agreement creating the ACS Petroleum Research Fund.
- The abstract of the proposal.
Access the submission website for Undergraduate Research proposals, and answer all submission questions and follow submission instructions.
Your web browser must enable cookies in order to access the submission website. Submission using Internet Explorer is recommended.
You can halt a submission and return to it later by clicking on “Save and Finish Later” and creating (or logging into) a user account.
When you are ready to resume a saved application, access the saved proposals page.
Click on the “Submit” button when you have completed the application and are ready to transmit the proposal to ACS PRF.
Any saved but not submitted applications will be deleted after the submission window closes.
No hard copy application is required. Keep original for your records.