ACS-Hach Professional Development Grant
Learn a new skill.
Apply what you learn in your chemistry classroom.
Share your experience with your colleagues.
The ACS-Hach Professional Development Grant supports high school chemistry teachers as they identify and pursue opportunities that advance their professional development and enhance the teaching and learning of chemistry in their classrooms.
Applications are accepted annually October 15 – December 15.
Applicants for the 2014-2015 award cycle will be notified of their status on February 28, 2015.
Applicants must be a high school chemistry educator teaching in a U.S. or U.S. territory school.
What We Fund
Teachers can request up to $1,500 to fund the professional development opportunities that will improve their professional skills and student achievement.
Grants may be used for:
- Conference or workshop registration fees
- Travel expenses
- Tuition and educational expenses for new/upcoming courses
- Books and online instructional resources
Grants may not be used to:
- Pay indirect costs, administration fees, salaries, or stipends.
- Reimburse for courses already completed.
- Support travel costs or conference fees for more than one person. Each person must apply separately.
To be considered for profesional development opportunities during 2015, applications must be submitted by December 15, 2014.
Grants awarded in 2014 will fund activities through November 30, 2015.
2014 Application Deadline
December 15, 2014
2014 Applicant Notification/Decision Date
February 28, 2015