ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship
The ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship is awarded to recent graduates and professionals with limited work experience with interest in becoming secondary chemistry teachers. Recipients must be pursuing a Masters degree in education or becoming certified as a chemistry/science teacher.
Scholarship recipients receive either up to $6,000 for full-time study or up to $3,000 for part-time study.* Recipients who meet the award criteria are eligible to renew the award annually up to three years. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses. Scholarships cannot be applied to expenses retroactively. Interested applicants must submit an online application.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a Bachelors degree or higher in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline
- Have less than one year work experience outside of obtaining undergraduate and graduate degrees**
- Demonstrate an interest and commitment to becoming a secondary educator
- Be accepted into an education masters program or teacher certification program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year. We will begin accepting applications for 2016-2017 starting February 1, 2016.
* Due to scholarship guidelines, scholarship stipends are distributed in equal installments two times per academic year. This may result in scholars receiving half of their total scholarship if they complete their program by the Fall semester.
** If you have more than one year of work experience, please consider applying for our ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship.
Eligible Chemistry-Related Disciplines
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Ceramic Science/
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Science/Engineering (must be chemistry-based)
- Forensic Science/Chemistry
- Food Science (not Nutrition)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Materials Science or Petroleum Engineering
- Nanotechnology or Nano Science
- Paper and Pulp Technology