ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship
The ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship is awarded to professionals in the chemistry field pursuing a Masters degree in education or becoming certified as a chemistry/science teacher.
Scholarship recipients receive either up to $6,000 for full-time study or up to $3,000 for part-time study.* Recipients who meet the award criteria are eligible to renew the award annually up to three years. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses.
Applications are accepted annually from February 1 – April 1. Interested applicants must submit an online application.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a Bachelors degree or higher in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline
- Have work experience in a chemistry-related profession
- Be accepted into an education masters program or teacher certification program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
* Due to scholarship guidelines, scholarship stipends are distributed in equal installments two times per academic year. This may result in scholars receiving half of their total scholarship if they complete their program by the Fall semester.
- 800-227-5558, ext. 8178