IREU | Summer Research Inside the U.S.
The ACS IREU program will be accepting applications for the 2015 cycle beginning November 1, 2014. Watch this page for updates.
The program will be sending eight undergraduates from the United States to Germany, the UK, Singapore, and Italy starting in 2015. Working with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), The program will also be placing approximately eight German students into U.S. university summer programs. If you'd like more information about funding opportunities for an international experience before the applications open, browse for other opportunities on the ACS International Center™ website.
Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Last Updated: July 22, 2014
About the IREU program inside the U.S.
Students from all of Germany (through DAAD RISE worldwide) and the partner institutions in Italy (University of Perugia), Singapore (National University of Singapore), and the United Kingdom (University of Strathclyde) can apply for a chemical and materials science summer opportunity at sites throughout the United States through the ACS International Research Experience for Undergraduates (IREU) program. It is anticipated that 8-10 German students and 1-3 students each from the other universities will be able to participate in summer 2015.
All students, regardless of origin, must use the common application to apply to the network of U.S. summer hosts.
How to Apply
- Examine the list of 2015 ACS IREU U.S. partner sites and select at least three which are of interest
- Apply through the ACS IREU common application due January 15, 2015
- Applicants must provide the following information in their application
- Up-to-date university/college transcript
- Short answers to questions on why you chose the universities you selected, how this experience will advance your career, and descriptions of any previous research experience
- Two recommendation letters, one of which must be from a chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science professor
For general questions about the program, please contact email@example.com. For specific questions related to eligibility for students from all of Germany and the university partners in Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom, please contact the relevant program officer.