IREU | Summer Research Inside the U.S.
The ACS IREU program is now closed for the 2014 year. All applicants should learn of final decisions by March 31, 2014.
The program will be sending eight undergraduates from the United States to Germany, the UK, Singapore, and Italy starting in 2014. Working with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), The program will also be placing approximately eight German students into U.S. university summer programs. For those of you who did not get the chance or were not eligible for this year's program, keep checking our website for news of updates for 2015 and 2016, and browse for other opportunities on the ACS International Center™ website.
Do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Last Updated: February 25, 2014
About the IREU program inside the U.S.
Students from all of Germany (through DAAD RISE worldwide) and the partner institutions in Italy (University of Perugia), Singapore (National University of Singapore), and the United Kingdom (University of Strathclyde) can apply for a chemical and materials science summer opportunity at sites throughout the United States through the ACS International Research Experience for Undergraduates (IREU) program. It is anticipated that 8-10 German students and 1-3 students each from the other universities will be able to participate in summer 2014.
All students, regardless of origin, must use the common application to apply to the network of U.S. summer hosts.
How to Apply
- Examine the list of 2014 ACS IREU U.S. partner sites and select at least three which are of interest
- Apply through the ACS IREU common application due January 31, 2014
- Applicants must provide the following information in their application
- Up-to-date university/college transcript
- Short answers to questions on why you chose the universities you selected, how this experience will advance your career, and descriptions of any previous research experience
- Two recommendation letters, one of which must be from a chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science professor
For general questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific questions related to eligibility for students from all of Germany and the university partners in Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom, please contact the relevant program officer.