IREU | How to apply
Undergraduate students enrolled at a U.S. university/college and holding U.S. citizenship or permanent residency may apply to both the ACS IREU program in Germany and the joint program in Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom by using the following procedures.
IREU positions in Italy, Singapore, and the UK
- Examine the 2015 ACS IREU projects being offered at the university partner sites and rank them in order of interest
- Apply through the ACS IREU Common Application, which will become available in late 2014.
- Applicants must provide the following information in their application
- Up-to-date university/college transcript
- Short answers to questions on why you chose the projects you selected and how this experience will advance your career
- Two recommendations, one of which must be from a chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science professor
IREU positions in Germany
For the 2015 cycle, the application process has changed. Procedures will be announced in late 2014.