IREU | How to apply
Undergraduate students enrolled at a U.S. university/college and holding U.S. citizenship or permanent residency may apply to both the ACS IREU program in Germany and the joint program in Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom by using the following procedures.
Nine IREU positions in Italy, Singapore, and the UK
- Examine the 2014 ACS IREU projects being offered at the university partner sites and rank them in order of interest
- Apply through the ACS IREU common application due January 31, 2014
- Applicants must provide the following information in their application
- Up-to-date university/college transcript
- Short answers to questions on why you chose the projects you selected and how this experience will advance your career
- Two recommendations submitted through the online form, one of which must be from a chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science professor
Eight IREU positions in Germany
- Visit the DAAD RISE project database which is open from December 6, 2013 to January 31, 2014
- Select a project from the database that is either a materials of chemical science project focused on the theme of sustainable energy
- Apply online using the DAAD RISE application between December 6, 2013 and January 31, 2014
- To be eligible, applicants must check the option that reads: "Chemists and scientists and engineers from related disciplines, would you like to be considered for the ACS-DAAD fellowship sponsored by the NSF?"
- After February 1, 2014, 20-30 individuals will be invited by DAAD and ACS to submit further information in consideration of receiving the ACS-DAAD IREU-RISE fellowship
- Individuals who are not invited to supply additional information and those that are not selected will remain eligible for the standard DAAD RISE fellowships to Germany