ACS Global Strategic Alliances
ACS believes that chemistry’s contributions toward global concerns, such as education, environment, and health and safety, should be extensive. In order to make significant progress on these issues, ACS partners with organizations around the globe to leverage our resources and capabilities along with those of our partners.
Current Alliances and Partnerships
International alliances and partnerships support the ACS Strategic Plan by engaging members and scientific professionals to advance the Society’s mission and address, through chemistry, many challenges facing the world.
Development Guidelines and Approval Process*
ACS committees, technical divisions, local sections, and other ACS units may enter into an international strategic alliance to:
- Generate opportunities for the creation and exchange of scientific and related information;
- Create and sustain place-based and/or virtual scientific and educational networks;
- Partner to advocate on global challenges where chemistry can provide solutions;
- Create opportunities for coordinated research and funding increases for chemistry;
- Further the positive image of chemistry on a global scale.
Who can partner with ACS?
ACS partners may include – but are not restricted to – scientific societies, regional/global/intergovernmental organizations, other non-governmental organizations, and/or industry associations.
* Authority to review and approve ACS International Alliances and Partnerships is specifically delegated to the Board Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) under provision of Bylaw VI and Board Regulation 3.