ACS/FACS Collaboration Alliance
ACS and the Federation of Asian Chemical Societies (FACS) have renewed their three-year collaboration alliance characterized by mutual benefit, impact and a commitment to cooperation in service to chemical scientists, engineers and professionals. This alliance serves to strengthen the shared interest of each organization in engaging the Asian and US chemical communities in collaborations, research, education, and meetings. The new agreement run from January 2015 through December 2017.
Elements of the ACS/FACS partnership include:
- Joint work to advance knowledge and awareness on the importance of ethics throughout the region.
- Coordination of efforts to support and develop conferences or roadshows to feature joint contributions of US and Asian chemistry to humankind and global challenges, bringing quality content that is useful to the local community.
- Cooperation and the development of joint programming via webinars.
- ACS scientific contribution to and promotion of the FACS Meeting in Bangladesh in 2015 and Sapporo Japan in 2017.
- Invitations to senior leaders of ACS and FACS leadership to attend and participate in our respective national meetings and congresses where cooperative activities will be evaluated and refined.
The Federation of Asian Chemical Societies (FACS) is a federation of 28 chemical societies of countries and territories in the Asia Pacific whose membership consists of individual qualified chemists. Individual chemists in the Asia Pacific may become individual members of the Federation.
The general objective of the Federation is to promote the advancement and appreciation of chemistry and the interests of professional chemists in the Asia Pacific.
Membership of the Federation is open to all not-for-profit chemical societies whose membership consists largely of individual qualified chemists and which are national professional chemical societies of countries and territories in the Asia Pacific. Individual membership is open to individual chemists from the Asia Pacific. Individual membership from countries and territories that have societies within the Federation will be restricted to individuals who are members of such a society.