Chapter in Hungary
The Hungary ACS International Chemical Sciences Chapter began operations in 2002. Members of ACS living in Hungary formed this chapter to cultivate the relationship between chemists in the US and in Hungary, to help make ACS more known in Europe, and to organize events to promote chemistry in Hungary.
The Csabara Horvath Memorial Lectureship was delivered by Professor Barry Karger of the Barnett Institute of Northeastern University in March of 2010. This event was jointly organized by the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the ACS Hungary Chapter.
This chapter organizes ACS courses, workshops, and conferences in Hungary in order to promote the chemistry within the scientific community and to the general public.
This chapter works in collaboration with the Hungarian Academy of Sciences to put together the annual “Day of Chemistry” including lectures and the presentation of an “Enabling Chemistry Award.” Recipients of this award are selected by an expert panel chosen by the chapter.
The following are a few of the recent chemistry events which took place in Hungary:
- Polymer Chemistry and Material Science Seminar – September 8, 2011
- Frontiers in Organic Synthesis Technology Symposia- October 11-13, 2011
- 36th International Symposium on High-Performance Liquid Phase Separation and Related Techniques Symposia– June 19 – 23, 2011
- MKE Hungarian Chemical Society 1st International Conference – May 22 – 25, 2011
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2013
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2012
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2011
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2010
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2009
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2008
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2007
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2006
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2005
- Hungary Chapter Annual Report 2004
Contact the Chapter
Chair: Dr Csaba Janaky , Department of Physical Chemistry and Materials Science University of Szeged Aradi Square, 1 Szeged H 6720 HUNGARY
Secretary: Dr Balazs Reffy, Akadémiai Kiadó / Academy Press
Prielle Kornelia Str. 19, Budapest H 1117 HUNGARY