Use the Event Locator to find both find local section events and meetings and post your own.
General information about local sections (history, websites, volunteer opportunities, etc.)
About Local Sections National Meeting Activities
Local Sections help chemists stay active and involved in their communities by providing a forum for networking and collaboration and by supporting chemists’ efforts to educate their community about chemistry. Local Section officers steer the course of their section. Use the tools below as a resource!
Get the App
For ACS Local Section members on the go - get the mobile web app for iPhone & Android to get the most relevant news: upcoming grant deadlines, scholarship and award information, news from your committee and more!
National Meeting Host Local Section are an important part of the team:
• Recruit volunteers to staff the hospitality booth and assist during meeting.
– Volunteers assist meeting attendees by providing information on:
• recommended places to see and eat in their city
• the national meeting program and session locations
• tourist attractions
• city directions
• promotion of local section activities
• general set up and support
– The booth will be equipped with computers and reference materials provided by the city’s Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Examples of Host Location Section Activities & Mementos:
• Regional Figure/Character (Benjamin Franklin in Philadelphia)
• Samples of local treats such as Philly Cheese steaks (Philadelphia)
• Ghirardelli chocolates and fortune cookies (San Francisco)
• Periodic table refrigerator magnets (Chicago)
• Unique regional merchandise such as Mardi Gras Beads, cups, masks
(New Orleans, LA)
• Organizing lap car rides on the Indy 500 Motorway, checkered flags
• Hosting a reception for a selected group (various cities)
If you are interested in learning more about Local Sections National Meeting planning please contact the ACS Meetings & Expositions team at
ACS Presentations on Demand. Explore cutting-edge research with hundreds of recorded presentations from ACS National Meetings free of charge from 2011 to present.
RSVP for Dallas on the Facebook Event Page. Join the conversation now, share and get updates on all the activities.
Follow the Meetings & Expositions team on the ACS Network.