Membership Process and Categories
Please either complete the online membership application, or if you are paying with any method other than credit or purchase card, download the application forms and mail or fax to:
American Chemical Society
PO Box 82229
Columbus, OH 43202-9906
Phone: 800-333-9511 (US only); 614-447-3776 (outside the US)
2015 Membership dues are as follows:
- Regular or Reinstating Member $158.00 USD
- Graduate Student Member $79.00 USD
- First Year Graduate Student Member $39.50 USD
- Undergraduate Student Member
Without C&EN $27.00 USD
With C&EN electronic or print delivery $50.00 USD
- Non-Scientist/Society Affiliate $158.00 USD
ACS offers four categories of membership:
- Regular Member - A person that has a degree or certification in chemical or related sciences; or certification as a teacher of a chemical science.
- Graduate Student Member - A person who is a full-time graduate student, majoring in a chemical science or a related academic discipline, shall be entitled to a discount of one-half of the membership dues. Special student subscription prices for most journals are available. Please note: Post Doctoral Work is not eligible for the graduate student discount.
- Undergraduate Student Member - A person actively working toward an undergraduate degree in chemistry or in a related academic discipline.
- Non-Scientist/Society Affiliate - A person who is not eligible to become a member of the Society but whose major vocational effort is directly concerned with the practice of a chemical science.
Recent Graduate Discount - A person graduating with a bachelor’s degree in a chemical science may apply for membership within one year from the date of graduation to receive a discount of one-half of the membership dues.