ACS Leadership Development System™ Grants
The Committee on Local Section Activities (LSAC) is pleased to offer a limited number of grants to local sections that wish to host ACS Leadership Development System® courses in 2015-2016. This partnership between the ACS Leadership Advisory Board (LAB) and LSAC will allow your local section to provide a tangible member benefit to your local section members at no charge.
- A limited number of grants (up to $3,000) are available to local sections that wish to host an ACS Leadership Development System® course in the fall of 2015 through 2016.
- Upon grant approval, eligible local sections will be awarded $1,800 to cover the registration fees ($150pp) for the first 12 participants who register for the course;
- Additional grant monies up to $1,200 will be awarded to local sections who wish to offer additional scholarships.
Local sections may choose to host the following courses:
- Engaging Colleagues in Dialogue
- Engaging and Motivating Volunteers
- Fostering Innovation
- Coaching and Feedback
- Collaborating Across Boundaries
- Leading Without Authority
- Developing Communication Strategies
- Strategic Planning*
*Local Sections may choose to sponsor a 1.5 day Strategic Planning Retreat for the Executive Committee and up to 7 other members. Please note that the $3000 will not cover the entire cost of the Retreat but it will help to offset the $4500 fee which covers the costs and facilitator fees associated with the Retreat. In addition, the local section should budget for meals, snacks and any meeting room expenses that may be incurred.
Local sections must submit a grant application by July 15, 2015. Grant funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Dates to host a leadership course are subject to facilitator availability.
All courses are facilitated by an ACS member who has been trained and certified to teach the course. As each facilitator is a volunteer, flexibility is requested in accommodating your proposed workshop date. ACS will provide all course materials, and a computer and projector if needed. Local sections are responsible for reserving a meeting room (with a screen and flipcharts), providing a light snack for attendees, and assisting with course promotion on their website, mailings and meeting announcements. ACS is available to provide limited support in promoting the course to your members.