ACS Leadership Development System™ Grants
The Committee on Local Section Activities (LSAC) is pleased to offer a limited number of grants to local sections that wish to host ACS Leadership Development System™ courses in 2014. This partnership between the ACS Leadership Advisory Board (LAB) and LSAC will allow your local section to provide a tangible member benefit to your local section members at no charge.
- A limited number of grants (up to $3,000) are available to local sections that wish to host an ACS Leadership Development System™ course in 2014.
- Upon grant approval, eligible local sections will be awarded $1,800 to cover the registration fees ($150pp) for the first 12 participants that register for the course.
- Additional grant monies up to $1,200 will be awarded to local sections to offer additional scholarships.
Local sections may choose to host the following courses:
- Engaging Colleagues in Dialogue
- Engaging and Motivating Volunteers
- Fostering Innovation
- Coaching and Feedback
- Collaborating Across Boundaries
- Leading Change
- Leading Without Authority
- Developing Communication Strategies
- Strategic Planning
Local sections must submit a grant application by August 1, 2014. Grant funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
All courses are facilitated by an ACS member that has been trained and certified to teach the course. ACS provides all course materials, a computer and projector, and will assist in promoting the course to the members in your section. Local sections are responsible for reserving a meeting room (with a screen and flipcharts) providing a light snack for attendees and assisting with course promotion on their website, mailings and meeting announcements.