Choosing a Location
Science Cafés are traditionally held in a casual setting such as a local coffee shop, bar, bookstore, or restaurant. However, some cafés are held at science museums or other similar venues.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Venue
- What size audience do you expect? Can the venue accommodate your audience?
- Will there be a charge for using the space at the venue?
- Is there a separate area available for your science café?
- What food and drink are available at the venue?
- Does the venue have any audio/visual equipment you will need?
- Is the venue in an area accessible by your target audience?